What It Means When People Brag

    Have you ever bragged? Chances are, you have. You've also probably heard someone else brag. Bragging isn't good, but it isn't a bad thing either. It's not exactly mean, or rude, and it's not teasing. But sometimes it's hurtful and can get annoying fast. Read on for more about bragging and what to do if you know someone who does this a lot.

When I was writing this post, I felt like I was contradicting a lot of the stuff I said, then contradicting the contradicts. So this post might not make a lot of sense, but here's the main point: Bragging is okay, as long as it's not hurtful bragging or if it's hurting people feelings when done purposely. 

    What Are Examples Of Bragging? An example of bragging might be if someone says something like, "You got to have tacos for dinner last night? Well, I got to have ice cream." When people are bragging, they tend to try to make themselves look better. "My family has two cars but yours only has one," someone might say. Bragging is usually an I'm-cooler-than-you scenario. People also tend to lie while bragging. 

    What Is Hurtful Bragging? Hurtful bragging might be when someone puts themselves higher to hurt your feelings and make you look bad. For example, let's say you were doing a bike race. Your friend said, "I got second and you only got fifth, haha! I'm better at biking than you!" That could be a hurtful comment plus it's also a brag. Hurtful bragging is never a good thing and if it happens extremely often, then it might just be bullying.

    Why Would Someone Brag? There are many reasons someone would brag. It's normally because they just want to paint a better picture of themselves or to put you down. Just cause someone brags doesn't mean they are trying to be rude, however.

    Is It Bad That I've Bragged Before? You've probably bragged before, and that's okay, as long as it wasn't hurtful. You could've bragged by accident or even on purpose, and it's fine as long as it isn't hurting anybody. 

    What If I Have A Friend Who Keeps Doing Hurtful Bragging? Uh oh! That's not good. You should try talking to them first about it, because maybe they don't realize. If they still aren't listening, try your best to cut ties with them. They don't seem like a good friend. 

    HAVING A SPECIFIC TYPE OF FRIENDSHIP PROBLEM? ASK US IN THE COMMENTS SECTION ABOUT IT, AND WE CAN TALK, HOPEFULLY FINDING A SOLUTION! THANK YOU FOR READING!

    Stay kind! ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comments

  1. Yeah I know a lot of people who brag. A LOT!!! It gets really annoying. I bet I have bragged before too, but I try not to do it on purpose.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How To Know When Someone Scams

Stopping People From Bullying You In School